From House Movers to Packing: Five Simple Tips that Will Make Moving a Lot Easier
If you’re in need of a moving service or a storage company on Long Island, there’s only one company to call: Avatar Relocation. As a premier moving and storage organization, Avatar offers a range of services to make your transition into a new location as simple as possible. Whether you need to store your belongings in a storage warehouse or a furniture warehouse or you need the assistance of house movers, Avatar Relocation has got you covered!
Moving: what a stressful time. From packing to setting up in your new abode, there’s so much that needs to be done! It doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process though; with the following tips, you can stay on top of your list of things to do and make moving a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable.
- Push Procrastination to the Side: When it comes to moving, procrastination is your worst enemy. If you keep pushing things off for later, later will come sooner than you think, and before you know it, moving day will arrive and you’ll still have an entire house to pack up!
To tackle everything that needs to be done, start by making a list; include packing, contacting utility companies at your current and your new location, hiring house movers, etc, on your list. Organize the things that need to get done according to priority. Start with the things at the top of the list and work your way down, checking off each task as you complete it.
- Purge: Moving is the perfect time to de-clutter. Take inventory of all of your belongings and decide what you want to keep and what you can do without. Do you really need to keep that pair of jeans you’ve been holding onto since Middle School? Sure, there might be some sentimental value attached, but be honest: What are you really going to do with them? Have a yard sale or just donate all of the items that you don’t want to keep.
Getting rid of all that unwanted stuff will making packing and unpacking a lot easier; plus, it will give you a lot more space in your new home. You’ll be amazed to find how much stuff you’ve been holding onto that you don’t actually need and you’ll feel a lot lighter.
- Make a Plan: Having a plan of action is an absolute must. It makes the process less overwhelming and helps you stay organized. Determine what needs to be done, create a timeframe, and stick to it! Where you’re moving and how much you have to pack plays a big part in the plan. For example, if your new place is nearby and you only have a handful of things, you might be able to get by with the help of friends and a moving truck; however, if you’re moving far away and you have to pack up the contents of a large house, you might want to make arrangements to hire house movers, a moving service, and a furniture storage facility. Figure out when you should start backing and what you should begin with. Check items off your list of things to do as you go.
- Protect Valuables: Keep an inventory of your valuables before you move. Have a spreadsheet of all of your valuables and take a photo for each. Consider purchasing moving insurance, that way, if anything breaks or gets lost in the transition, repairs or replacement will be covered. Keep important documents, jewelry, and other valuables in a safe and know exactly where it’s located on moving day.
- Pack a Survival Kit: Having essentials easily accessible once everything is packed up will make your transition a lot easier; you’ll be a lot more comfortable, too. Pack an overnight bag with clean clothes so that you don’t have to go through boxes to find clothing, toiletries, and other necessities on moving day. Pack up some snacks, plenty of water, and some over-the-counter pain reliever, too, just in case you strain a muscle or get a headache in the midst of the move
By following these simple tips, you’ll feel less stressed and a lot more comfortable as you make the transition into your new home.
- Learn more about Glen Head, NY 11545
- Open a Glen Head, NY map
- Find the Glen Head, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Glen Head, NY pharmacies
- View the current Glen Head, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Glen Head, NY public and private schools
- Glen Head, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State